Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thing #1 - Inspiration and Registration

I'm excited to get started. The summer feels like it is already flying by!

What a cool video! That would be great to share with parents so that they could see just how the classroom is changing. What stuck out to me about the teacher was that she was encouraging new ideas, and motivating the student to keep searching. I 100% see a librarian taking on that role. I love that the student was taking ownership of his knowledge, seeking out information and organizing it in the way that best suited him. Instead of memorizing a list of preselected facts. BORING and how much do we really learn when we do that??

4 comments:

  1. which video.. Please post a link. I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My where does the time go when you are "engaged" in "investigating" each thing. I'm amazed at how many people think you are so smart when they ask you, "What are you doing this summer?" and you try to share with them something you are creating. Hang in there and keep truckin along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on 11.5 more things! You will see so many cool Web 2.0 tools to use with your students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah there is no link to watch video..Please link it up...

    ReplyDelete