Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thing #7


I LOVE google. What did we ever do without it?



I use google for just about everything. I love sharing calendars. My husband and I update individual calendars but with the share feature are able to see each others plans. The public calendars are great as well. Just a few clicks and I was able to add schedules for the Astros Texans, and all U.S. Holidays.








The iGoogle homepage is great for keeping organized and seeing everything fast. I have gadgets for gmail, movie times, weather, google reader. I love my knitting background too!




The map feature is great for directions, but it does so much more. With just a few steps you can create your own map and save it along with pictures and video. Google Lit Trips gives readers a whole new take on what they are reading. Students could also use this in a geography class, or to show westward expansion on the Oregon Trail.


Using the timeline display and wonder wheel displays are helpful when searching.



















5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning the timeline and wonder wheel displays! I haven't looked at those yet... it's now on my "to do" list!

    By the way, my daughter in college just started knitting and loves it! I'm more of a cross-stitch person, but I want to knit or crochet afghans someday. Need to search for a "how to" video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. try lionbrand.com they have great how-to videos, and TONS of free patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! What a great site. This is *exactly* what I've been needing. I'm going to pass on the link to my daughter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with your knowledge of google. I have an igoogle page that I never go to, and I have used google docs, but not often, and I have used the calendar with my church's social planners, but I have never taken a second look at all that google does these days. Thanks for adding photos of everything so we can visually see what the different tools look like. I enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all the insite on this search enginge. I have used this but not to the extent that you have. It is very neat to see all the things that google has to offer.

    ReplyDelete